Are you ready to set-up your social media marketing strategy and have your marketing efforts going in the right direction?
Social media is a big part of marketing today. The traditional methods of marketing are not as effective as they used to be. People are connecting with people. Consumers are seeking a two-way relationship which can explode your brand. The impact of social media has changed the game for marketing.
It’s now more than ever important to have a social media marketing strategy so that you’re playing the right game.
According to Business2Community, there are 12 essential elements of a social media marketing strategy.
1. Research and know your audience.
You need to have an accurate picture of who you’re trying to reach. When you know the demographics ( age, occupation, pains, problems, etc), then it’s much easier to target your social media messages.
2. Use the same social networks as your audience.
Your target market prefers some social channel over others. Find out where they are hanging out and go join the conversation.
3. Identify your KPIs (key performance indicators).
Take some time to understand your numbers. For example, how many people viewed your last blog post. This will let you know what topics your audience likes so that you can create more content around that topic.
4. Write a social media marketing playbook.
In order to be in the game and win, you need to know your plays and players.
5. Align the people at your company with a plan.
When you’re an one-person entrepreneur, just plan in advance on how you’re going to manage your social media platforms.
6. Set aside some time at the beginning of each week to prepare.
Preparation is going to be your key to success.
7. Develop a content marketing calendar.
Using a content marketing calendar will help you from being overwhelm. Also, use a calendar to be organized.
8. Post content that is relevant to newsworthy topics and events.
Keep your audience inform of what’s happen in your industry.
9. Treat all your social channels differently.
Understand your audience well and tailor your messages to fit the correct social channel.
10. Assign someone to act as a customer service rep.
Respond to your audience timely. Remember to focus on building a relationship.
11. Schedule metrics reporting.
Set some social media measurement goals and review them regularly. Install google analytics onto your website.
12. Reanalyze your plan on a regular basis.
Identify what’s working and keeping doing it. What’s not working restrategize.
FREE Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
Get your copy Now. You'll also get our latest content by email.