How a Sales Funnel Works
If you’re a coach, consultant, service provider or are building an online store, you’ll want to understand the concept and function of a sales funnel. Understanding how sales funnel works, will help you plan successful marketing campaigns and attract qualified leads to your services and products.
First, let’s get clear on what exactly is a sales funnel. I hear you girl….:)
Ok, imagine with me for a minute a picture that’s wide at the top and narrow at the bottom. As you attract people to your lead magnet, website or store, you’ve developed a system for leading your visitors through your sales process. As your visitors pass through your sales funnel you’re leading them from just browsing into buyers.
Why a Sales Funnel Is Important To Your Business:
- You can adjust your marketing strategies and campaigns to attract more leads from your target market.
- You can begin to fine-tune your products and sales offers to suit the needs, wants and desires of your target market.
- You can begin fine-tuning your sales calls (discovery calls) so you’re closing more sales.
To see this in action, let’s use the example of Stephanie who sells personal development coaching packages online.
* Stephanie creates a blog filled with tips and general how-tos about personal development.
* She installs a sign-up form on her blog so readers can opt-in to a FREE lead magnet and a weekly personal development newsletter. The readers who are interested in knowing more about personal development begin signing up on her form to get the lead magnet and the newsletter.
* She starts making special offers on her blog and in her newsletter for low-priced info-products ($7- $97) about personal development and the power of goal-setting. Stephanie begins making sales and stays in contact with everyone who purchased an Info Product.
* Stephanie writes an e-book about using goal-setting to help achieve business success. She sends out an announcement to all her newsletter subscribers and past customers announcing her new book and that it’s available for purchase on her blog.
* Subscribers and readers who are seriously interested in using goal-setting to help achieve business success begin purchasing her book.
* Because of the steady sales of her book, Stephanie begins selling seats to an online workshop about goal-setting. Her class sells out within a week.
Can you see how Stephanie took the concept of personal development and focused in on those who are interested in goal-setting? In sales, it is not possible to appeal to everyone. Understanding the sales funnel process will help fine-tune your marketing focus and lead you to those buyers who are willing and able to purchase what you’re offering.
The bottom line: Understanding how a sales funnel works will help you plan better marketing campaigns, fine-tune your prospecting efforts, attract more qualified leads to your products and, make more sales.
What burning questions do you have about creating your sales funnel? Let’s talk about them in the comments below.
FREE Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
Get your copy Now. You'll also get our latest content by email.