List Building is the greatest asset in your business.
As a new coach, consultant or service provider building your email list is key to building a successful business.
Are you looking to get clients for your coaching and/or consulting services? Or perhaps you have a product to offer.
By building an email list it will help you build a relationship with your ideal client and stay in touch with them.
You’ll want to serve them first with your FREE valuable content before selling your products and services.
List Building is simply collecting the information about your website visitors or anyone that has came across your free gift online.
These subscribers has raised their hands and said YES they want to hear from you.
When you’re starting out in the online space you’ll consistently hear that money is in the list, therefore it’s imperative that you build an email list, but more importantly a responsive list.
The list that you build is the single most important asset for your business, because it’s your communication line between you and your potential buyers and to make some profits.
The subscribers on your email list already have a relationship with you so when you decide to make a sale you’ll have a customer base that already know, like and trust you.
Building your list doesn’t happen overnight. It takes patience, time and hard work but the focus should be on the quality of your subscribers.
You can build your list full of any kind subscribers, but will these people actual appreciate the value that you’re offering with your free content.
Would they purchase from you when you make your first promotion and the promotions thereafter?
Before you start to build your list you need to have some essential things in place to make sure it’s successful.
- Get your domain name
- When you’re building a personal brand your domain should be your name, because you’re building your personal brand and want to be known for your expertise.
- Create a blog
- You need to create a blog, because this will be your home base for your online business presence. One of the best platform to use is a WordPress blog, because it’s very easy to install and easy to manage once you have it up and going.
- Create valuable content
- Build your blog with quality valuable content that your audience can find solutions to their problems. This is where you can share your expertise and be a problem solver.
- Setup an autoresponder
- Simply, an autoresponder is a series of emails that are sent to anyone that join your email list that are sent out automatically based on the order and frequency you choose.
- An autoresponder helps you save time in your business. There are many options for a professional autoresponder. Aweber and Mailchimp are great options when you’re just starting to build your list.
- Create a free gift
- You need an incentive for people to join your email list so you need to give away a FREE gift. It needs to be of great value and relevant to your business. Ebooks, Cheatsheets, Video Trainings are some great options for your free gift.
- Create a landing page
- Use a landing page to give away your free gift. A landing page is a separate standalone page that serves one purpose: collects information (name and email) that you’ll add to your list to serve….. and market to later. You can quickly and easily create landing pages with Leadpages.
I hope this gave you some clarity on what list building is and how to set it up. Let me know in the comments below.