“And to be renewed in the spirit of your minds” – Ephesians 4:23
I hope you are having an exciting blessed week so far! I’m actually enjoying watching the snowfall. It started off kind of fast, slowed down and then began to pick up the pace again. It’s so beautiful to watch.
This week I’m excited to talk about how to have an entrepreneur mindset. Sometimes when we think about what it takes to start and grow a new business venture, we noticed a pattern like a snowfall. We start off with fast with a burst of energy, linger off, and then we start again with a little more energy, but linger off again.
I’ve found that having the right mindset is the key to entrepreneur success. This mindset has some unique characteristics.
Here are 7 entrepreneur mindset characteristics:
1. Desire and willingness to take initiative. You feel a personal responsibility for the outcome of ventures you start. You’re willing to step forward and build your business/brand based on your creative ideas.
2. Confidence in your ability to succeed. Yes, confidence is a must! You typically need to have an abundance of confidence in your ability to succeed. Remember- God hasn’t given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.
3. Self-reliance. That’s right…You have to be self-reliant and do not shy away from making your business a success. You have to persist in building your business even when others don’t see or understand your vision.
4. Perseverance. Even when things don’t work out as you planned them, you don’t give up. You simply keep trying! The righteous man falls seven times, but he gets back up again.
5. High level of energy. You are more energetic than the average person, because you decided to take this journey into entrepreneurship. This energy is a critical factor given the tenacity it takes to launch a start-up business.
6. Creativity. I know you are a creative, visionary leader. You tend to dream big and then formulate plans to transform those dreams into reality.
7. Visualization. This is one of my favorite strategies in achieving success in my life and business. I believe in the 2-part creation that leads to manifestation. You have to have it before you have it. What do I mean about that? God gave us a wonderful tool to use and we need to display our faith to him. Sit alone for about 15 minute daily in a quiet place and be still and know that he is God. Begin to focus in your mind the end result of the vision for your business. God needs to see what you see. Remember what he asked Moses–What do you see? “There is nothing refrain from a man what he imagined to do.” You will begin to attract the right resources, people and opportunities into your life that will help manifest the vision in a tangible form. Oh it’s POWERFUL!
As you can see from the characteristics above, being an entrepreneur you have a different mindset. This mindset paves the way for your business success.
I hope you are utilizing these characteristics or excited about adapting them to your mode of business operation.
I’d love to hear your thoughts-please feel free to leave a comment below.